Sue’s gone for the weekend, so expect several bachelor chow posts, starting with last night’s dinner. Saku (yellowfin) tuna was available at the newly-opened Fresh Thyme market at a decent price.
So how to prepare it? Seared tuna is somewhat passe, but the only other method that sounded interesting would be oil-poached, and I thought I should keep at least one meal this weekend light.
We caught Alton Brown’s “Edible Inevitable” tour last Saturday night.
Big fun. Music, comedy, and food demonstrations of unusual size.
One of the highlights is the latest version of AB’s “Ten Things I’m Pretty Sure I’m Sure About Food.” I know I don’t have these in order, but here they are:
- Chicken don’t have fingers
- Learn to salt
- Trout does not belong in ice cream
- The most important thing to learn to cook is eggs
- The best cook in the world is your spouse
- The most important piece of equipment in your kitchen is the table
- America, Heck Yeah
- Raisins are always optional
- Wash your mushrooms
- Never eat an airport shrimp cocktail